Stop data retention! Click here & act! Are you a webmaster and want to participate? Here you can find all necessary material for your website - Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:
Chris Karakas Online Forum Index Karakas Online
 FAQFAQ   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to authorize accounts in PHP-Nuke

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum RSS Feed of this Forum
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: How to authorize accounts in PHP-Nuke

Okay so I lied. hehe I still have one more question.

Is there a way to make it so that when someone signs up for your site that the admin of the site recieves a e-mail and then has to click on a link in that e-mail to authorize the users account?

Basicaly I want to know and approve eveyone that signs up on my site/forum. I tried turing on ADMIN in the forum options for approvel but that did not work.
arnoldkrg
President
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Approve Membership

Yes it can be done, or at least something close to it. Take a look at the following topic

http://www.karakas-online.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

It might help. I submitted a module for Chris to check out a couple of weeks ago. ardklq is testing it at the moment and seems to have no problems with it.

If you need to know more....pm me
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject:

Ya I saw that post before I posted mine and the link was broken. I was not 100% sure if thats what would give me the results I was looking for or not.

Do you happen to have the source that you could either link or send to me?
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject:

Well I found it but I don't know if its the current version or not..

NSN Your Account 3.0.2e

Got the file from here:

http://www.phpnukefiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=43

I did find a SERIOUS bug though. I was testing the script and I set it up so that users had to be authorized by the admin. I created a dummy account and I got the auth to my admin e-mail address. I then approved the dummy user. Then I decited to DELETE the user. It asked me to enter a reason so I did and it OK. I then got a e-mail in my dummy e-mail account saying my site account was deleted. It then adds a new box below your ACTIVE USERS that says something like deleted users. So I clicked on my dummy account and hit remove.

This is the kicker...
Exclamation When I went back into the the admin module and clicked on EDIT USERS <B>ALL MY USERS WERE GONE!</B> I was like what the heck! So I looked in my users table in mysql and it would not even load the table in phpmyadmin. lol luckly I had a backup copy of my users table. This is a HUGE bug though. I think I could of use the console and fixed the problem, but not sure. I did this twice just to make sure thats what was killing it.
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject:

With Your_Account (I think it is called Your_Account_Tweak) you must be careful to download the version that matches your PHP-Nuke version *exactly*.

Sorry for the delay of the package, I will give it first priority now. Wink

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Yup thats what I'm using NSN Your Account Tweak and in the read me it says its for phpnuke 6.5.0 which is what I'm running. I think its just a problem with the way its dropping the users from the users database. Trying to find the authers site so I could post on his site to let him know.

Othere then the remove user function of the script it works perfect. Its doing exactly what I was wanting done.
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject:

O.K., a PHP-Nuke package of Ken Arnold that allows the administrator to approve a user, is available for download here.

Arrow DISCLAIMER and LICENCE: No guarantees given. Use at your own risk. Software was set under the GPL by Ken.

Thanks Ken!

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks Chirs for posting this, and thanks to Ken Arnold for making it. Wink I'll give it a try on my localhost and see how it works. If I like it then I'll use it instead of the current one I'm using.

Thanks!

BTW: Great site. I hope you get larger and more members as you have a good base already. Thanks to you and all the others on this board that make it a good place for info.

Bill
Kabish
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject:

Well I installed that and gave it a try. The script works just fine and works a little better then the last script I posted above.

Something I would suggest...

Steps I did:
Signed up with a dummy account
username: test password: testtest
Admin recieved a e-mail with the following info:
Quote:
Open quoteA new user application has been received for Wintersb.NET.

Following is the member information:

-Nickname: test
-Password: testtestClose quote

I don't believe the admin should recieve the users passwords. It should either come up as the encrypted text or the filed removed all together.

Also, when you go to the Approve Membership module you have the option to approve or delete the user. When you approve a e-mail is sent to the user with the link to activate the account. But when you hit the deny option it just deletes the user account and no e-mail is generated. Would be cool if it sent the user a e-mail saying their account was denied.

With it being GPL I can change the code as long as I put what I changed and the copyright of the code change to myself right??? Even so, it might be a good idea to take that out on on the source zip file.

Other then that great script! And is working just fine for me. Wink
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the praise! Smile

I deleted an identical posting of yours - I guess you pressed the button twice.

I find your suggestions logical and hope arnoldkrg will incorporate them.

Of course, you can do it too, as long as it remains GPLed.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum
Page 1 of 21
This page contains valid HTML 4.01 Transitional - click here to check it!
This page contains a valid CSS - click here to check it!

Jump to: