Stop data retention! Click here & act! Are you a webmaster and want to participate? Here you can find all necessary material for your website - Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:
Chris Karakas Online Forum Index Karakas Online
 FAQFAQ   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to change the top menu (top navigation bar) of PHP-Nuke

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum RSS Feed of this Forum
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea  View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: How to change the top menu (top navigation bar) of PHP-Nuke

Question Problem: You want to delete, or change the top menu of PHP-Nuke, the one with the "Home", "Topics", "Downloads", "Your Account" etc. links.

Arrow Solution: This is theme dependent. It is in the file header.html that is located under themes/yourtheme/.

Example: for the NukeNews theme, go to the file themes/NukeNews/header.html and delete or change the following piece of code:

Code:

<tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#dedebb">
<td width="15%" nowrap><font class="content" color="#363636">
<b>$theuser</b></font></td>
<td align="center" height="20" width="70%"><font class="content"><B>
<A href="index.php">Home</a>
 ·
<A href="modules.php?name=Topics">Topics</a>
 ·
<A href="modules.php?name=Downloads">Downloads</a>
 ·
<A href="modules.php?name=Your_Account">Your Account</a>
 ·
<A href="modules.php?name=Submit_News">Submit News</a>
 ·
<A href="modules.php?name=Top">Top 10</a>
</B></font>
</td>
<td align="right" width="15%"><font class="content"><b>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--   // Array ofmonth Names
var monthNames = new Array( "January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October"
,"November","December");
var now = new Date();
thisYear = now.getYear();
if(thisYear < 1900) {thisYear += 1900}; // corrections if Y2K display problem
document.write(monthNames[now.getMonth()] + " " + now.getDate() + ", " + thisYear);
// -->
</script></b></font></td>
<td> </td>
</tr>

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Trung
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject:

cool, thanks! I'll try that out.
ibe15
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: still can'r find it

Hey chris i was reading your stuff on how to get rid of navigational bars and i can't find where it is in HTML on my Cpanel??? can u help me out here plz
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I don't know Cpanel. Somebody else help here please.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
ibe15
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: it's ok

It's ok cause i found out how and i did it thanx to your example!!! TY another thing is can u give me a good place for me for gallerys??? and like lists???(rosters) TY SO MUC....!!!! another thing is how do i make folders for these to things TY again
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject:

Please open a new thread for each new question.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Racine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Brilliant!!!

This totally helped me get exactly what I wanted on my site. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It pays to read the HOWTO and search these forums. I found this from the HOWTO section on modify theme headers.

Last edited by Racine on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
patrick01
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Modifying top menu

In reply to

Quote:
Open quotePosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: How to change the top menu (top navigation bar) of PHP-Nuke

Problem: You want to delete, or change the top menu of PHP-Nuke, the one with the "Home", "Topics", "Downloads", "Your Account" etc. links.

Solution: This is theme dependent. It is in the file header.html that is located under themes/yourtheme/.

Example: for the NukeNews theme, go to the file themes/NukeNews/header.html and delete or change the following piece of code: Close quote

I cannot find header.html file in the themes folder. The theme I am using is Sand_Journey. can anyone help?
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject:

As I said, this is theme dependent. This means that every theme has its own rules for this. The header.html file exists in the NukeNews theme and contains the top navigation bar. It does not exist in the Sand Journey theme, or other themes, as you already pointed.

For the Sand Journey theme, you have to change the line

Code:

."<td bgcolor=\"$bgcolor2\" align=\"center\" width=\"60%\"><a href=\"index.php\">Home</a> | <a href=\"modules.php?name=Submit_News\">Submit News</a> | <a href=\"modules.php?name=Your_Account\">Your Account</a> | <a href=\"modules.php?name=Content\">Content</a> | <a href=\"modules.php?name=Topics\">Topics</a> | <a href=\"modules.php?name=Top\">Top 10</a></td>\n"

in function themeheader() of themes/Sand_Journey/theme.php.

In other themes, you may have to change other lines. To find which lines to change, search in the code tree under themes/Your_Theme/ for all files that contain the text (or parts of the text) in the navigation bar, say "Your Account" or "Content", or "Submit News" etc. Of course, if the theme contains the text in form of text constants, you will have to find out which these text constants are and then search for them in the code.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
Rudolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: no header.html in themes/mytheme/

Only in one of the themes that comes with phpnuke 7.6 there is a header.html

I want to change the topnav bar in theme "kaput" - why hasn't it a "header.htlm" (or where is it)?
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum
Page 1 of 3
This page contains valid HTML 4.01 Transitional - click here to check it!
This page contains a valid CSS - click here to check it!

Jump to: