Stop data retention! Click here & act! Are you a webmaster and want to participate? Here you can find all necessary material for your website - Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:
Chris Karakas Online Forum Index Karakas Online
 FAQFAQ   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No input file specified

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum RSS Feed of this Forum
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea  View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*Moon*~
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: No input file specified

Hi,

I'm new to php nuke and I'm getting this error when I tried to make the admin account.
Code:

No input file specified.

I've been looking in the forums to resolve this issue but nothing has worked yet.

I noticed that I can create regular users but no an admin... so I did it manually and when I tried to log on I got the same error:
Code:

No input file specified.

I saw in the adress bar that is calling a .php file... which I suppose it should be admin.php

In one of the threads that talks about this same problem said to check the preferences part on the admin section... since I can't gain access to it I went to the nuke_config table in the database and modified the url on it. I'm not an expert so that was the only thing I could think about that was cause this error... but it didn't work.

BTW the server is running windows... I don't know if that is the problem

Thank you

[edit]Set code in code tags. Chris[/edit]
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject:

From A lot of Notice lines in the output of PHP-Nuke:
Quote:
Open quoteThe error message you have on your site is:

Code:

No input file specified.

This is not a PHP-Nuke error - you can search the whole code tree of the standard PHP-Nuke and still will not find it anywhere.

This is a PHP error message, not a PHP-Nuke error message. You have somehow misconfigured your web server and PHP. Do you have PHP configured as CGI? In this case you must have the environment variable SCRIPT_FILENAME set correctly. From Using PHP from the command line (setting to bold by me):
Quote:
Open quoteThe basic issue was that PHP-as-CGI REALLY REALLY wants SCRIPT_FILENAME.
It ignores the command line. It ignores SCRIPT_NAME. It wants
SCRIPT_FILENAME.

Code:

"No input file specified."

This very informative error message from PHP means that your web server, WHATEVER it is, is not setting SCRIPT_FILENAME.
The minimum set of env variables:

Code:

PATH: DOESN'T MATTER if you're spawning php pages with #!/../php in them
LD_LIBRARY_PATH= should be right
SERVER_SOFTWARE=mini_httpd/1.17beta1 26may2002
SERVER_NAME=who cares
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0
SERVER_PORT=whatever
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
SCRIPT_NAME=/foo.php
SCRIPT_FILENAME=/homes/foobie/mini/foo.php    <--- CRITICAL
QUERY_STRING==PHPE9568F35-D428-11d2-A769-00AA001ACF42
REMOTE_ADDR=172.17.12.80
HTTP_REFERER=http://booky16:10000/foo.php
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

If SCRIPT_FILENAME is not set, you'll get the dreaded "No input file specified" message.

mini_httpd does not do this by default. You need to patch it in to make_envp. Close quote

For further information, please consult the PHP online manual and the user comments there. Close quote

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
~*Moon*~
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Chris for replying to my post my friend who owns the server uninstalled PHP which was in the server as a CGI (She used the installer that comes with it) and install it as a non-CGI which is a manual installation. The site doesn’t shows the
Code:
“No input file specified.”
Error anymore but an
Code:
error 404
since PHP keeps pointing to “.PHP”.

For what I understand we need to configure IIS 6 but I can’t find information of how to set SCRIPT_FILENAME on the server. I hope you or anyone in this forum running ISS can help us.

Thank you
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

~*Moon*~ wrote:
Open quoteFor what I understand we need to configure IIS 6 but I can’t find information of how to set SCRIPT_FILENAME on the server. Close quote

I don't use IIS, so I hope someone else can help you here.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
~*Moon*~
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Chris. I hope so too

I just updated PHP nuke using this update I got from nukeresources.com

Author: Francisco Burzi - Patch by chatserv (chatserv at nukeresources dot com)
Version: 3.0 Filesize: 875.92 Kb

I'm not getting any errors now... but instead I get the infamous loging loop when I try to log as an admin so I'm reading the post that already exist about this issue and I hope I can make it work.
~*Moon*~
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject:

I got it too work Very Happy

I think my problem was that I installed phpnuke 7.0, then erased the files and put version 7.6. It was til later when I noticed that the data base had some diferences.

Anyway this is what worked for me:

We removed PHP as a CGI on the server (running IIS 6) and installed it as a non-cgi.

Since the site was new and without any info I removed the whole thing (including the database because I noticed the differences in some tables)

Installed PHPnuke 7.6 and the most recent upgrade.

Erased browser cache and cookies

and voila!
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum
Page 1 of 1
This page contains valid HTML 4.01 Transitional - click here to check it!
This page contains a valid CSS - click here to check it!

Jump to: