Stop data retention! Click here & act! Are you a webmaster and want to participate? Here you can find all necessary material for your website - Willst du auch an der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:
Chris Karakas Online Forum Index Karakas Online
 FAQFAQ   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PHP-Nuke 6.5 Security Code will not display

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum RSS Feed of this Forum
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea  View previous topic :: View next topic  
pOOn
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: PHP-Nuke 6.5 Security Code will not display

I recently installed [6.5]. In that time, I've used your site as THE resource for any problems I've encountered. I'm very grateful its here. Smile

The problem I am having is that my security code will not display for my new users. All my new users get is a white box with a small red 'x' instead of a numerical display code. However, the security code displays perfectly for ADMIN login. (!!!) I've looked thru the forum(s) for the solution. I've attempted numerous times (unsuccessfully) to reach a solution(s) as described in http://www.karakas-online.de/forum/viewtopic.php?=84&highlight=security+code.

I've found those 7 occurances and made the noted changes. I've even looked in those other two files that are given as possible locations where the same code changes might also be necessary. Unfortunately, in the end and despite my best efforts, I end up with parse errors and its just a bigger mess. I've been conscientous (or at least, I think I have) of following those directions *exactly*... changing (as needed) only where the code exists. Please help me because I do not have the slightest idea where to go from here although I sense the solution is probably very simple since my Admin code is already functioning properly. Thankyou in advance. Apologies for such a lengthy post.
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the thumbs up. Smile

As I understand it, you made the changes but you keep gettig parse errors. Which means that you made some typo or forgot to put a ";" , a "(" or something similar.

Have a look at syntax error, security images removed to get an idea of what kind of syntax errors may happen when you do those changes. You see you are not alone in this fate! Wink

If nothing helps, just post the errors you are getting *and* the code around the line where the errors happen. As you can see in that other thread above, it is important to know which line exactly is "line 132", for example.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
JazzyPepper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: If your Admin security code works but others don't...

If your Admin's security code works but the others don't (showing an read X mark for others) then you may want to set "Your Account" module be viewed by All Visitors.

That may be the solution for you.
knskater
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject:

How do i take away my security code on my site.
chris
Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject:

knskater wrote:
Open quoteHow do i take away my security code on my site. Close quote

Set

Code:

$gfx_chk = 0;

in config.php.

Chris Karakas
www.karakas-online.de
mhunt
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: If your Admin security code works but others don't...

JazzyPepper wrote:
Open quoteIf your Admin's security code works but the others don't (showing an read X mark for others) then you may want to set "Your Account" module be viewed by All Visitors.

That may be the solution for you.Close quote

I've disabled and re-enabled Your Account for All Users, checked the GD version (GD Version bundled (2.0.12 compatible)), but it still doesn't show. It shows for the Admin login, just not the users.
quanahparker
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: If your Admin security code works but others don't...

mhunt wrote:
Open quote
JazzyPepper wrote:
Open quoteIf your Admin's security code works but the others don't (showing an read X mark for others) then you may want to set "Your Account" module be viewed by All Visitors.

That may be the solution for you.Close quote

I've disabled and re-enabled Your Account for All Users, checked the GD version (GD Version bundled (2.0.12 compatible)), but it still doesn't show. It shows for the Admin login, just not the users.Close quote

I noticed that this was the last time this issue was discussed in this thread. I have tried all remedies. Here's my issue:

The security code works for all of my logins, save one: A new, fancy "User Info" box that I installed today. I've read this site and tried all the solutions, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing completely.

This "User Info" box was downloaded from here:

http://www.clan-themes.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=ns_getit&cid=8&lid=26&type=url#get

This has definitely been a frustrating experience, but if there's any information that I can give to help in my plea for assistance, please ask. I would love to put this behind me! Laughing

Thanks.

Q

P.S. I have PHPNuke version 8.0
Slackervaara
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject:

When I upgraded my site recently the security code stopped working in my Usermenu block. It seems as, if the code for the security code can change in between different versions of PHP-Nuke.

My suggestion look for the security code code in the block and in modules/Your Account/index.php and use the code of the index.php also in the block. That was my strategy I used, when I had problems.
Share this page: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.Digg  del.icio.us  tc.eserver.org  Blinklist  Furl  Reddit  Blogmarks  Magnolia  Sphere  Yahoo!  Google  Windows Live  Technorati  Blue Dot  Simpy  Newsvine  Stumble Upon  co.mments.com  Blinkbits  BlogMemes  Connotea 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Chris Karakas Online Forum Index -> PHP-Nuke Forum
Page 1 of 1
This page contains valid HTML 4.01 Transitional - click here to check it!
This page contains a valid CSS - click here to check it!

Jump to: